When you access any data from the cloud, it’s easy to forget that there needs to be a cloud computing platform that houses remote applications. But the cloud computing platform is often one of the most critical portions of a solid business cloud solution strategy. Many vendors offer cloud platforms – including Google, IBM, and Amazon. But experts like Deb Shinder from Tech Republic are expecting Windows Azure to lead the future of online cloud platforming, and site specific benefits to help business owners make an educated decision.
Reduce Costs, Reduce Efforts With Windows Azure
Windows Azure reduces organizational costs in several ways. For example, Windows Azure solutions from Vorsite:
- Allow business owners to take advantage of off-premises resources like IT administration.
- Utilize Pay-as-you-go models that allow organizations to scale up computer processing time and storage as needed.
- Cut down on on-site costs, including allowing employees to work from home using custom online apps.
In addition, Windows Azure can help streamline company processes, like:
- Reducing on-site resources used to distribute, build, and modify scalable applications.
- Easing large-volume storage needs, large-volume computations, and batch processing.
- Debugging, distributing, testing, and creating web services.
- Speeding up time-to-market for development efforts.
A Familiar OS Environment Makes Programming For Windows Azure Simple
Since Azure code is based on the popular Windows operating system, there’s a good chance that programmers will have no problems picking up programming for Windows Azure. In face, Azure uses the same languages — C#, C++, and Visual Basic — as Microsoft Windows. If you don’t have developers available but expect to outsource to or hire programmers at any point, Windows Azure makes it easier to find qualified candidates. Open standards and protocols supported by Azure include:
To make the task of adding new applications to your cloud network even easier, Azure streamlines cloud versions of existing Windows applications. One of the most popular online apps derived from a Windows OS app is also a favorite Vorsite product – Office 365.
Unparalleled Security Makes Azure Perfect For Most Businesses
Windows Azure incorporates two security services to help keep businesses’ sensitive data safe:
- .NET Access Control Service: allows users to integrate identities
- Security Assertion Markup Language: tokens utilized by apps to allow or deny user access.
Microsoft designed Windows Azure to meet all current regulatory requirements, and undergoes annual audits for HIPAA, PCI DSS, and SOX compliance.