Are you new to Microsoft Online Services? If you or your employees are experiencing an error when logging into the Microsoft Online Sign-in tool for the first time that looks like this…
“There was an error while preparing your application dashboard. Please try again later”
So far we have seen this error occur on Windows XP machines that install their SP3 and .NET updates before installing the sign in tool Have you seen it with a different configuration? Please leave a comment!
See our “workaround” for addressing this “challenge” below…
- Close the Microsoft Online Service Client.
- Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then expand Security Options.
- In the Policy pane, right-click Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication, click Properties, click Disabled, and then click OK.
- Re-launch the Service Client and sign in.
- Vorsite Microsoft Online Services Team, http://www.vorsite.com